Sunday, November 8, 2009

Great Day!

Today has been one of those awesome, incredible days that keep me going. In worship the handbells offered a very stirring piece, the chancel choir did a great job, the younger elementary kids sang The Lord's Prayer with gusto, folks responded positively to the sermon and we baptized a mother and her daughter! And during fellowship time one of our young moms took me up on the offer of having her six month old baptized on Christmas Eve at our 5 p.m. Lessons & Carols service.

This afternoon the weather has been unreal for mid November. With temperatures in upper 50s, plenty of sunshine and very little wind I joined Rob Blackston for 18 holes of disc golf and had a great time. Then when I got home Kathy had mowed the lawn and while she rested from that Eric and I threw frisbee in the front yard for half an hour or so. He's not really into catching, but he really can throw quite nicely. So we laughed and enjoyed ourselves as a family.

Which brings me to this afternoon and evening's Church Officer Training about to start in twenty minutes or so. Even though I'm pretty tired I know how much folks appreciate the training so we're off to a few hours of reformed theology and the ordination questions. There ought to be some really good discussions and I know when I go home that I'll be tired out, but that it has been a stellar day thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment