Tuesday, September 23, 2008

10 Years

Wow! I can hardly believe it, this past Saturday, September 20th marked my 10th year of ordination as a Minister of Word and Sacrament in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)!

I have so much to be thankful for over those years; Executive Presbyters and Presbyteries that ushered me through to this point, Church members and sessions who granted me the privilege of serving them, my wife and son who have patiently walked by my side from Kentucky to Colorado to Idaho, a wonderful God who has given me gifts for ministry and has humbled me along the way to learn many lessons for the betterment of Christ's church.

I look forward to another ten years and many more beyond that to be privileged enough to officiate at baptisms, weddings and funerals; to watch over the spiritual growth of young men and women in confirmation classes; to share insights with adults who explore the depths of the Bible and consider theological implications of the world around them; sit at the bedsides of those who are sick; work with others in bringing about the kingdom of God among us; growing in my own sense of the presence of God and God's glory in the here and now.

May God watch over me and all those whom God has called me to serve. Amen.

1 comment: