Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mr. Mom Chronicles 2010

Today's parenting adventures in the world of single-parenting has been relatively easy thanks to many who helped make the day go smoothly.

Even as Eric and I are sitting here watching Discovery Channel's "Life" I am grateful to the life of our congregation which made Kathy's absence in Grand Rapids possible. Eric and I started the day early, at 7:30 a.m. when we left the church for my preparation time. After listening to me read through the sermon and watching me read through my Sunday School lesson, Eric headed off to the nursery with Margaret Harris who helped him let things out ahead of worship. By the time I was done with my 8:30 a.m. Sunday School Class Eric was taken to be with Wendy Neilsen, a most capable and gifted teacher who was preparing her class for Sunday School. And then in the afternoon Eric spent the day with Tina, Lawrence and Christopher Flournoy while I went off to afternoon Sunday School, a Premarital Counseling Lunch and then the Installation service or the new Lutheran Pastor in Twin Falls, Scott Berner.

All of this is to say, that if it weren't for Margaret, Wendy, and the Flournoy family, how would I have gotten through the day and how angry would Eric feel after going from event from event? Of course, he may well have persevered, but I'm glad I didn't have to find out thanks to the many caring people who made this day go so much more smoothly: Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment