Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mr. Mom Chronicles 4

We survived day three without mom, but just barely. Thankfully Kathy had set something up with one of Eric's schoolmates for after school baby sitting so I was able to have a very productive day of prepping a draft of Sunday's sermon, prepping materials for this evening's LOGOS and putting together Sunday's bulletin. All that I was able to get done between dropping Eric at the bus stop at 8 a.m. and picking him up from the baby sitter at 4:45 p.m.

So what made it "just barely"? Well, the head cold that I have been struggling with moved to my chest and so I spent most of Tuesday, into the night and the wee hours of Wednesday morning hacking my way through some pretty intense coughing. That and Eric's time at the baby sitter was far from stellar but not too bad. Then when we got home, just about every half-hour he wanted to know when we were going to play the Wii when all I could think about was taking some nighttime cough medicine and going to bed.

Somehow, though, we managed to get through homework, dinner, a bath, Legos Star Wars and a story before bedtime so that I could settle in for a little TV and bed. Unfortunately, as I have said, I did spend most of last night coughing, so I'm a little groggy and not looking forward to day-4.

1 comment:

  1. I pray you are able to get some rest and feel better before Sunday.

    ReplyDelete