Thursday, March 5, 2009

Neophyte, but a good day to be Presbyterian

While I am still trying to figure this whole blogging thing out, I haven't quite figured out how to respond to comments posted on my own blog! I'm sure I'll figure it out some day, but in the meantime I wanted to respond to "John" (honestly sometimes the anonymity of this 'networking' is frustrating).

I blogged about prayer yesterday because calling upon the Holy Spirit is important and I believe the Holy Spirit ultimately triumphed yesterday by affirming Adam's preferred course of action after a day long conversation.

That conversation began the night before when Adam came over to my house where my wife and I opened our home to Adam and we shared cake, ice cream and conversation. In the midst of that conversation I recognized and apologized for my part in this whole sorry episode in the life and ministry of Kendall Presbytery. Likewise Adam and I had face to face conversation before and after his meeting with the committee. It seems to me that gossip is more about making an accusation without knowing the facts, as "John" does in his comment that I haven't quite figured out how to respond to.

Well, I pray that "John" reads this post and if not comes to understand that gossip is an easy label to throw out at others without examining your own motives to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment